Commercial Shade Sails
Commercial Shade Structures For Carparks, Playgrounds, Pools & More
Commercial shade sails are designed to provide shade in outdoor areas such as parks, playgrounds, carparks, pool decks and patios. At Jon Wilson Canvas & Shade, we provide custom designed shade sails to fit your specific area and aesthetic. Whether you need a unique size or need the cloth shaped to provide protection from the sun in a specific direction, our team can help. We work with business owners throughout Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.
Commercial shade sails offer a flexible and attractive alternative to traditional hard-top shelters and can provide a cost-effective solution for creating shade in outdoor spaces.
Key factors to consider before installing a commercial shade sail include:
- Determine the direction of the sun at various points of the day to ensure the position of the sails provides maximum shade
- Decide the location and heights of your fixing points—ensure there are different heights for your fixing points, as you don’t want the sail to lay flat. This improves the appearance and helps to avoid issues such as a build-up of debris and water which can cause sagging or tearing.
- Consult with local authorities to learn whether building regulations apply
- Be aware of any underground services in the vicinity to avoid damage
Commercial Properties We Service
At Jon Wilson Canvas & Shade, we specialise in providing high-quality shade sail solutions for a wide range of commercial properties. Our team of experts are dedicated to creating custom shade solutions that meet the specific needs of each space.
Common commercial properties that require shade sails include:
- Cafés, clubs, restaurants and pubs: Our sails provide a stylish and functional way to add shade to outdoor seating areas. Protect your customers from the sun and allow them to enjoy their food and beverages in comfort.
- Schools and kindergartens: These locations often use shade sails to create safe and sheltered outdoor play areas.
- Sports and recreation clubs and facilities: Shade sails can offer sun protection for spectators and players alike.
- Property managers: Shade sails provide a cost-effective way to add shelter to common areas such as pool areas, outdoor seating areas, and food courtyards.
- Car parking spaces: Shade sails are also an ideal solution for car parks, providing protection for vehicles against weather conditions such as sun and rain.
- Entrances: Entrances can be protected from the elements using shade sails, creating a welcoming and protected area for customers and visitors.
Our team of experts can provide a custom shade sail solution that meets the specific needs of your commercial property. Contact us today to discover how we can help improve your outdoor space with our high-quality shade sails.
Shade Sail Planning And Design
Our shade sail planning and design process ensures that you get the best possible solution for your outdoor space.
The first step in our planning and design process is to assess your outdoor area and determine your specific requirements. We’ll take into account factors such as sun exposure, wind conditions and the intended use of the space. Based on this information, we’ll provide you with a customised shade sail design.
Next, we’ll work with you to select the right material, colour, shape and additional features for your shade sail. We offer a wide range of options that are durable, weather-resistant and long-lasting. Our design process also includes an assessment of the structural requirements of your space to ensure the sail is securely attached and can withstand environmental conditions.
Once the design is approved, we’ll being installation using the best quality hardware and methods to ensure your shade sail lasts for years to come.
Custom-Built Commercial Shade Structures
When it comes to providing shelter in your commercial space, a one-size-fits-all solution simply won’t do. At Jon Wilson Canvas & Shade, we understand every business is unique and requires a tailored solution, which is why we offer custom-built shade structures and assembly especially for your commercial space.
If you’re interested in our commercial shade sail services, call us today on (02) 6658 0888.
Can my shade sails stay up year-round?
Yes, there’s no need to take it down during cooler months. However, you might like to remove shade sails during cooler seasons to increase natural light and heating.
Is colour important?
The sun has a different effect on different colours, so each colour will have a different UV-R percentage. If sun protection is a major concern, we recommend opting for darker coloured sails. If appearance is paramount, you might consider which colours will help your business stand out. For example, using your corporate colours will contribute to overall branding on your property, whereas a children’s playground might benefit from bright, cheerful colours.
How can I prolong the life of my shade sail?
To get the most out of your shade sail, ensure proper installation and check the strength and structural stability of your fixing locations. Regularly check for correct tension to protect against extreme weather conditions and wind.
How do I clean my shade sails?
Just like all fabrics, over time your shade sail may require cleaning for appearance and longevity. Debris can weigh down your sails and cause tearing, while mould can decay the fabric. To avoid this, clean the fabric frequently with gentle detergent and a garden hose.
Can commercial shade sails add property value?
Absolutely! Not only do they offer functional value by providing a practical shade solution, but our sails are also beautifully designed to suit the aesthetic and style of your property.
How To Maintain Your Shade Sails
To maintain your shade sails:
- Inspect the sails for signs of damage, such as tears, holes and fraying—address any issues promptly to prevent further damage
- Clean the sails with mild soap and water and avoid using harsh chemicals which can damage the fabric
- Check hardware for signs of corrosion or damage and replace or repair as needed
- Adjust the tension of the sails to ensure they are properly stretched and secure
- If you plan to store the sails during cooler periods, ensure they’re removed and packed away properly to protect them from damage